De’Longhi Group (De’Longhi SpA, De’Longhi Appliances Srl, its subsidiaries and distributors) (hereinafter referred to as “De’Longhi” or the “Company”) provides information about cookies used on the website https://delonghi.ph/ (hereinafter referred to as the “Site”), also in accordance with the General Data Protection Regulation 2016/679 or the General Data Protection Regulation 2016/679 (hereinafter referred to as “GDPR”).
DATA PROCESSING PURPOSES
When browsing the Site, the Company may automatically collect and process some information through installing cookies on the client or on the User’s device, with the aim of providing and integrating the services and features offered by the Site (for example managing interactions with Users, improving user experience, sending commercial communications according to with the needs and expectations of the User).
The above information may be processed by the Company to assess the effectiveness of advertising campaigns or to track User visits to the Site. Third party cookies may be placed on the Site for this purpose by the Company.
Details on the various processing methods are provided below.
WHAT ARE COOKIES?
Cookies are small text files, often containing a unique identifier, that a web server sends to a web browser and may then be sent back to the server whenever the browser requests a page from the server. Cookies serve different functions, have different characteristics, and can be used by the owner of the Site (“ first-party cookies ”) or by third parties (“third-party cookies ”).
Cookies allow websites to identify your device. They serve a variety of functions, such as allowing you to more efficiently navigate between pages, remember your favorite sites, and generally improve your browsing experience. They also contribute to making advertising content more relevant to you and your interests.
Information stored on the User’s device can be reused during the same visit to the Site (” session cookies ”) or later, even several days later (” persistent cookies ”). Cookies are stored by the browser on certain devices that are used according to User preferences (computers, tablets, smartphones).
The following information relates to the Cookies set by the Site and the instructions necessary to manage user preferences regarding these cookies .
COOKIES USED ON THE SITE
Cookies used on the Site can be classified as technical, functional or advertising cookies :
- Technical Cookies ( Technical Cookies )
These specific cookies relate to activities that are strictly necessary for the proper operation of the Site and the result/use of its services.
This type of cookie does not require user permission. When the User visits the Site, cookies will be installed automatically. In addition, technical cookies cannot be disabled using the Site’s functionality. However, all modern browsers allow you to change your cookie settings and preferences . These settings can be found in the “options” or “preferences” menu of the user’s browser, or you can use the “Help” option in the browser for more information.
If this particular cookie is blocked, the services provided to Users through the Site will be limited, which affects the User’s experience with the Site. For more information, please see the section of this document entitled ”Managing the Cookies Used by the Site.”
In this case, the legal basis is represented by GDPR Article 6 paragraph 1 letter f, as this processing is necessary to protect our legitimate interests. In doing so, we pursue our legitimate interests to personalize the website for user visits and to make the website easier to use.
Please see Cookie Preferences in the website footer for more information about these cookies (e.g. their name, purpose of use and when they are stored).
- Functional Cookies
Functional cookies are used to collect information about how the Site is used. The information collected is, for example, about which pages of the Site the User visits most frequently, whether the User receives an error message or not.
Overall, functional cookies do not allow website visitors to be directly identified. Any personal information collected is anonymized and aggregated appropriately for the purpose of defining statistics aimed at optimizing site performance and User experience.
Installation of such cookies requires the prior acquisition of free and explicit consent from the User, which the Site obtains through a banner that appears on the first visit. Please see the “Managing Cookies Used by the Site” section for more information about the various ways in which Users can give or withdraw consent. Any refusal to consent to the use of functional cookies will not prevent access to the Site, except for the inability to access functions or content that rely on such cookies .
If the user has given consent, the legal basis is represented by GDPR article 6 paragraph 1 letter a.
Please see Cookie Preferences in the website footer for more information about these cookies (e.g., their name, purpose of use and when they are stored).
- Advertising Cookies
This site also uses advertising cookies , which enable analysis of User behavior for marketing purposes. These cookies are used to show Users the most relevant and attractive advertisements, both on and off the De’Longhi website.
This category of cookies also includes cookies that are managed directly by Third Parties, which enable Third Parties to obtain information about your visit to the Site. Following are the different types of advertising cookies :
- Advertising profile cookies , which are used to serve interest-based advertisements realized through internet browsing.
- Retargeting cookies , are used to send advertisements to Users who have previously visited this Site.
- Social media cookies , are used to enable social media to be integrated into the Site so that you can immediately Like or share pages or products on your chosen social media service.
Installation and subsequent use of these cookies require prior consent from the User, which the Site obtains through a banner that appears on the first visit. Please see the “Managing Cookies Used by the Site” section for more information about the various ways in which Users can give or withdraw consent. Any refusal to consent to the use of advertising cookies will not prevent access to the Site, except for the inability to access functions or content that rely on such cookies.
In this case the legal basis is represented by article 6 paragraph 1 letter a GDPR, if the user has given his consent.
For details about these cookies (eg name, purpose of use and storage time), please click Cookie Preferences in the footer of the website.
MANAGING THE COOKIES USED BY THE SITE
Users can provide such consent in three different ways:
- by following the appropriate information indicated in the Cookie banner on the Site landing page (by clicking the “Accept” button). In this way, the User consents to all cookies , regardless of category.
- by clicking on the “Manage preferences” button, which can be accessed via the Cookies banner , the User can consent to the category of cookies . by placing the cursor in correspondence with advertising cookies and clicking on the “Submit preferences” button, the User expresses his consent to all functional and advertising cookies .
- by clicking on the “Advanced Settings” button, the User has the possibility to check the details of all cookies for each category and allow or deny cookies
This consent is tracked at subsequent visits. The user will always be able to withdraw his consent by following the instructions above in detail:
- by clicking the “Manage preferences” button and removing the cursor from the unwanted cookie category; or
- by clicking the “Advanced Settings” button and deleting certain unwanted cookies .
Please note that the Site’s cookie settings do not allow you to delete pre-set technical cookies, as described in the paragraph “ Cookies Used by the Site: A. Technical Cookies .”
Cookies from most popular web browsers can also be managed via browser settings. Most web browser help functions describe how to prevent your browser from accepting new cookies , how to have your browser notify you when you receive a new cookie , how to disable cookies , and when cookies expire. De’Longhi and Third Parties will not send cookies to your browser if you disable all cookies in your browser.
To learn more about the type of browser and version installed on their computer, the user must select ”Help” at the top of the browser window.
Most browsers allow you to reject or accept cookies :
- in Internet Explorer, by clicking “Tools”, “Internet Options”, “Privacy” and selecting “Block All Cookies ”. All instructions are available on the site
- in Firefox, by clicking “Tools”, “Options” and deselecting “Enable anti-personal data tracking” in “Privacy”. All instructions are available on the site https://support.mozilla.org/it/kb/Bloccare%20i%20cookie
- in Google Chrome, following the instructions provided on the website https://support.google.com/chrome/answer/95647?hl=it
- at Apple, following the instructions provided on the website http://www.apple.com/safari/features.html#security
Users can always delete cookies already stored on their computer:
- in Internet Explorer, by clicking on “Tools”, “Internet Options”, “Privacy” and selecting “Block All Cookies ”. All instructions are available on the site
- in Firefox, by clicking “Tools”, “Options” and deselecting “Enable anti personal data tracking” in “Privacy”. All instructions are available on the site https://support.mozilla.org/it/kb/Bloccare%20i%20cookie
- in Google Chrome, following the instructions provided on the website: https://support.google.com/chrome/answer/95647?hl=it
- at Apple, following the instructions provided on the website: http://www.apple.com/safari/features.html#security
It should be noted that removing or blocking Cookies may negatively affect the usability of the Site as well as limit its functionality. Some settings may need to be changed manually each time you visit the Site; some features and services may not function properly..